10 GREAT QUOTES BY HUNTER S. THOMPSON
In no particular order of greatness.
- •"Yesterday's weirdness is tomorrow's reason why."The Curse of Lono
- •"No sympathy for the devil; keep that in mind. Buy the ticket, take the ride...and if it occasionally gets a little heavier than what you had in mind, well...maybe chalk it off to forced conscious expansion: Tune in, freak out, get beaten."Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas
- •"For every moment of triumph, for every instance of beauty, many souls must be trampled."
- •"Maybe it meant something. Maybe not, in the long run, but no explanation, no mix of words or music or memories can touch that sense of knowing that you were there and alive in that corner of time and the world. Whatever it meant."Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas
- •"You can't miss what you never had."Polo Is My Life
- •"Music has always been a matter of Energy to me, a question of Fuel. Sentimental people call it Inspiration, but what they really mean is Fuel. I have always needed Fuel. I am a serious consumer. On some nights I still believe that a car with the gas needle on empty can run about fifty more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio."
- •"Faster, Faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death."
- •"The Edge... There is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over."Hell's Angels: A Strange and Terrible Saga
- •"On some days you get what you want, and on others, you get what you need."Kingdom of Fear: Loathsome Secrets of a Star-Crossed Child in the Final Days of the American Century
- •"Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously."