Music for your walk home
I listened to some fantastic music on my walk home from work, and I needed to share.
- •I love musicI've embraced my love for pop music, but I love all kinds.
- •And wanted to share with y'allEnjoy!
- •"Shake the Room by GamuThis is so catchy, I can't stand it. Think Janelle Monae mixed with a tiny bit of Megan Trainor for more pop. She's apparently from The X Factor. Warning: you may dance in the street.
- •"War Paint" - FletcherThis makes me want to literally put war paint on and fuck shit up, but also be in a music video.
- •"Come Downstairs and Say Hello" - GusterTHE GREATEST BAND EVER! Also Gus's full name is Guster and it's amazing.
- •"Running Behind" - HOLYCHILDA little less poppy, but super fun and weird. Also: hand claps in any song is 💯. Running running running running running behind....
- •"Drive" - The Well PenniesWhen I hear this song, I'm pretty much transported to a field of daffodils. When I need a good pick-me-up, this is what I put on. You'll be hooked in the first 3 seconds.
- •"Geronimo" - SheppardThis video is weeeird, but the song has an OK Go feel with a more mainstream beat, kind of also reminds me of "Pompeii" by Bastille.
- •"Jayou" - Jurassic 5I'm a pretty self-conscious, short, white girl who normally abides by society's norms and minds her business. But if Jurassic 5 comes on and I'm in public, I lose my shit and start mouth-rapping along, unless the situation calls for actual rapping out loud. That's how amazing Jurassic 5 is. Sry not sry
- •"Somethin' Bad" - Miranda Lambert ft Carrie UnderwoodI don't really listen to Miranda Lambert or enjoy her music usually, but CARRIE SLAYS! I love her so much. And this song brings out my inner country girl (who barely exists, and usually only comes out for Garth and Martina McBride)
- •"Faded" - SoulDecisionGUYS. Have you been searching for a late 90s pop song with a ridiculously creepy set of lyrics, sung by a guy with bleached blond hair?! SEARCH NO MORE! This is one of those awful songs that stayed around from my teen years but ITS SO FUN TO WALK TO!
- •A lot more Jurassic 5Kmesk likes her rap.