Ways I unwind when my kids have been brats all day
Today "mama had a day"... I even had a neighbor girl come over to babysit for a couple of hours so I could get some work done but was still interrupted 4 times because my kids were fighting with each other, baby needed to nurse and we lost the DVD remote...so really, there was no break for yours truly.
- •Eat dinner by myselfBy the time the kids are done eating, I've only just plated. That means eating alone (cause Daddy's working late) but at least it's quiet.
- •Hop into the shower as soon as Daddy comes homeThe only place it's truly quiet
- •GinAnd lime and LaCroix!
- •PodcastsTune out while I listen to podcasts that have been piling up, while sipping my gin cocktail letting Daddy put the kids to bed.
- •IMDBChecking out what's playing this weekend. Ghostbusters!! Gotta see my favorite funny ladies. I need a good laugh. Screw the male haters of this movie. It looks fun and awesome. Oh, Emma Stone and Ryne Gosling are in a musical together??! Did I just orgasm?!
- •High thread count sheetsAs an adult, you should be required to buy high thread count sheets. So soft and silky. I will sleep so well tonight!
- •Half watch Game of Thrones with the hubsI'm still listening to my podcasts but half watching this critically acclaimed show. I know I should like it, but it seems kinda rapey. Women seem like they're at the bottom of the barrel. Lots of killing, violence and sex. Can't really stomach it right now.