Why I am emotional today.
One of my students asked me to sign his yearbook.
- •I can remember asking teachers to sign my yearbooks when I was younger, but never my counselors.
- •I didn't even know who my counselors were.
- •And I'm not super close with this kid, but we have a pretty decent relationship.It's actually more like a love/hate relationship because he loves to instigate but it's usually funny and harmless.
- •So for him to actually ask me to sign his yearbook...I was really surprised and flattered.
- •And it makes me feel special for a few minutes.Because most of the time I don't even realize that I'm significant in these kids' lives.