Best Journaling Practices
Inspired by @keith
- •Interact with your journal every day.Repetition is the key to any habit. If you have nothing to say, simply pick up the journal (or open its file) and peruse it for a minute. Reflect on your day or simply meditate with your journal nearby.
- •Think of your journal as a person or a place.Some people like to envision that they're talking to a supportive friend while others see their journal as a type of sanctuary or personal place only they go to and experience.
- •Don't limit yourself to just words.Sometimes, it can be hard to put certain things into understandable text. Doodle, draw or paste in something relevant when your native tongue fails you.
- •Don't be afraid to experiment.Not sure if you want to keep your sketches and daily journaling in one place? You may never know until you try.
- •You make the rules.Your journal is for you, so feel free to ignore me and everyone else in order to make your journal exactly what you want it to be.