HISTORICAL FIGURES WHO DESERVE THEIR OWN MUSICALS
Hamilton's not the only one
- •Bobby KennedyTo quote my mother, "he was just so ethical". He was the middle brother, he was a family man, and he was secretly a political mastermind. He deserves some power ballads and some showstoppers.
- •Eleanor and Alice RooseveltTheir feud is one for the ages. A First Lady and a former first daughter who VERY publicly despised each other. It would be like mean girls or wicked with a fun political twist.
- •Ludwig Von BeethovenHe was totally insane, and he was deaf, and the idea of a musical about a composer makes my heart happy.
- •Edgar Allen PoeAgain, he was totally insane and a musical about his tortured life could be brilliant. Imagine a chorus of "nevermore"s and a beautiful love song for Annabelle Lee.
- •General George CusterObviously this one would be a comedy a la Bill Hader in Night at the Museum. Custer's last stand would be triumphant and sweeping, reminiscent of Do You Hear the People Sing. It would be great!
- •Victoria Claflin Woodhull -- AKA Mrs. SatanShe was the first women to run for president, she was divorced, and the greater part of an entire country thought she was actually The Devil's wife. It could potentially be messy, but it could also be brilliant! (especially if Meryl plays the lead)