DORMSICKNESS: THE CONFLICT
I just searched "University of Southern California" to see if they have a list account. Turns out they do not, but they do appear on a list called "AMERICA'S 10 MOST EXPENSIVE COLLEGES".
- •Home is wonderful!Dormsick: the condition where the subject misses college life.
- •I love being with my family.but I also miss keeping Mega-Stuf Oreos right next to my bed.
- •Thanks for making me food, dad.But, as I have said many times, I'm trying to learn how to cook for myself.
- •We have so many leftover sugary treats from Christmas.But it feels like my mom is guarding them from me! Can't imagine why.
- •I love seeing my friends.I do NOT love my mom's interrogation every time I leave the house.
- •I get a private bathroom.But sometimes I miss catching up with my girls by yelling across the shower stalls.
- •Everything is very quiet.What do you mean I can't be out "at this hour"? It's 10:00, the night hasn't even started!
- •It's great to coincidentally run into people I used to be close with!(So many things I tried to forget.)
- •In suburban Massachusetts, stability is everything.Why is every day the same?
- •"Why don't you make plans with _____?"Maybe it would be easier if I could just go down the elevator and knock on their door.
- •I know everyone here!But I liked meeting new people every weekend!
- •It's very safe.Where are my rowdy social gatherings at?
- •I'm so glad you asked about my ex-boyfriend!Hadn't thought about him in a while, but I guess he's a popular conversation starter now.
- •It's so quiet.I think I even miss my floormates singing in the shower.
- •I get to re-live my sheltered life.Even though I don't hear the constant sirens anymore, it doesn't mean everyone is safe. I have to remind myself that I'm in a bubble.
- •What is my actual name?Since I don't use my nickname in college, I don't know what to introduce myself as when I'm at home. I will always force old friends call me Katie though. Even if I have an identity crisis or my circumstances change drastically, they will still know me for who I am.
- •Winter break is a BREAK.Truth: It's the perfect time to take care of myself, recharge for next semester, reconnect with my closest friends, and resolve any old conflicts, internal or external.