BEST THINGS ABOUT FRESNO
We take a lot of crap, but actually Fresno is awesome.
- •TacosTaco trucks, taco stands, taquerias, it doesn't matter, they are all good! Our minor league baseball team even hosts a Taco Truck Throwdown every year, filling the mezzanine with trucks and fans.
- •Fresh ProduceIt is farm country, and we have the best selection of fresh fruits and vegetables of anywhere in the country. Don't believe me? Come visit, I'll take you to one of our world class farmer's markets.
- •LocationThat may sound weird, but it's true. We are 2 hours from Yosemite, 2 hours from the beach, 1 hour from Sequoia & Kings Canyon, 3 hours to San Francisco, and 4 hours from LA. I can stay home, and that's awesome, or I can go somewhere else really cool, and that's awesome.
- •ArtsWe have a great arts scene. There are tons of galleries, a few great theater troupes, live music in venues big & small, a mural district, and it's small enough that you don't get lost in the shuffle.
- •Other stuffIf you are not into the arts, there's still lots of great stuff to do. The Fresno Grizzlies (baseball), the Fuego (Soccer), the Pedal Junkies (bike polo), and so much more. I could do something different every night and still not make it to everything.
- •Our neighborhoods tend to create the kind of community that people in larger cities say they want, but can't find.Suggested by @madwomansattic
- •Traffic - or the lack thereofRush hour is about 45 minutes long and is really just a slow down at the 180-41-168 junction slowing to about 35 miles an hour for a stretch of 1.2 miles. It clears up by 5:30 pm.Suggested by @madwomansattic