SONGS I SING TO MYSELF WHEN NO ONE ELSE IS AROUND
I used to be a really good vocalist. Even was a vocal performance minor in college. My friends were always impressed that I was the only singer that didn't put the top down on the grand piano at recitals. I didn't need to, I was loud. I stopped singing when it wasn't fun anymore, but I still sing to myself for the fun of it.
- •Can't Help Lovin' Dat ManFrom Showboat. http://youtu.be/iFev0w7VgK8
- •My ManI love the version that Barbra Streisand does of this at the end of Funny Girl, and so I try to recreate it in the shower. http://youtu.be/Hdlz6QzyAVA
- •There's a Fine, Fine LineFrom Avenue Q. Another torch song, I'm detecting a pattern. http://youtu.be/zimpdcL4NHc
- •Why Should I WorryFrom Oliver & Company, a completely underrated Disney flick from the 80's. http://youtu.be/Jb7kJ-j_dKA
- •The DaisiesBy Samuel Barber. An art song that is deceptively complex.
- •Se Tu M'amiBy Pergolesi. Obviously not as well as Cecelia Bartoli, but I'm no slack. http://youtu.be/THTUCtExVbo