Songs that made my childhood
The 80's were an intense hair period for musicians and fans alike.
- •I Can't Stand The RainFrom Tina Turner's Private Dancer album. The first cassette tape I bought for myself.
- •WildflowersOn the Trio album with Dolly Parton, Linda Ronstadt & Emmy Lou Harris. I still sing this to myself.
- •I Love A Rainy NightBy Eddie Rabbit. I don't know why, but 5 year old me was obsessed with this song.
- •Time After TimeReally the entire She's So Unusual album. I was definitely more of a Cindy girl than a Madonna girl.
- •Smokin In The Boys RoomBy Motley Crüe. My older cousin, 5 1/2 years older and my idol, was obsessed with Nikki Sixx and we would listen to their albums on repeat.
- •Stray Cat StrutWe would sing this at the bus stop.