TELL ME ABOUT YOUR NAME
Inspired by @andersun
- •My Dad was determined that I was going to be a boy
- •My name was supposed to be Michael. Named for my Grandpa.
- •My Mom insisted that they pick a girl's name.
- •Every time she found a girl's name that she liked, my Dad shot it down.
- •He thought of every horrible nickname that the kids on the playground would think of for each of the names.
- •Just before I was born my Mom was flipping through the TV Guide and saw that Ricky Nelson was married to a woman named Kristin.
- •My Dad begrudgingly admitted that he couldn't find any playground rhymes to go with that name.
- •That's how I got my name.
- •Ironically, this is the first time I've looked Kristin Nelson up, and she actually pretty interesting.