THINGS I MISS DOING WITH MY GRANDPA
Some of these are from my childhood.
- •Corn dogs at Colony Kitchen
- •Soft serve at Foster's Freeze
- •Working at his deskFun fact: I still work at this desk, but when Grandpa was the boss he would pull out these little writing slides on the desk and that would be my 'desk'.
- •Talking politicsI'm liberal, he was conservative, but we could always find common ground.
- •Learning to driveHe was the most patient teacher ever. If I did something wrong he would say, 'that's illegal, so let's try not to do that again' as if it was perfectly normal.
- •BakingWhen I was learning to bake, Grandpa was my taster, but he was terrible at it. He would bite into an obviously burnt cookie and say, 'mmmm, well done, just the way I like them'
- •Just hanging out