Why I Love My Birthday
- •It's my dayI am the youngest in my family and as such I crave attention. My parents were really good about making my birthday about me and making me feel special.
- •It's actually my weekMy birthweek is my favorite week of the year. I give myself presents everyday and always have something to celebrate. It started when I was 9 and bought myself a birthweek hat at the dollar store.
- •January is sort of blah otherwiseIts kind of a cold and depressing month so having my birthweek right at the end of it is a good way to stay positive
- •Elaborate plansMy friends have made my past few birthdays amazing. They pull out all the stops and organize a celebration that they know I'm going to love.
- •FoodI am a very picky eater and on my birthday I know for a fact that I will like everything I eat. It makes the whole day more enjoyable.
- •PresentsI took a quiz that said that the way that I show affection is through receiving gifts. This makes me seem sort of selfish but I can't say it isn't true.
- •DecorationsMy dad would go all out for birthdays. His specialty was streamers--he would tape them over our door frames until it was impossible to leave our rooms without tearing them down.
- •I share it with OprahProbably the only thing we have in common. When I was younger this meant so much to me because I watched her show religiously.
- •Birthday MagicIt's real and it's out there ✨🎈🎉✨