BARS I LIKE TO GO TO IN BUFFALO
I like all of these for different reasons. They all have different vibes. It's fun to pick where to go based on what kind of weekend night I'm trying to have.
- 1.Mulligan's Brickbar (everyone calls it just Brickbar or Brick)This is a fun place to be. Located in the Allentown area. Every type of person comes here. There are dart boards, a bar in the back and a bar in the front. It's easy to meet people here and chat if you're looking to get your flirt on. Dies down around 3am.
- 2.Mister Goodbar (most people call it just Goodbar)Goodbar is on Elmwood down the street from Buff State. This is more preppy hipster. They also have a lot of dart boards and a hugeeee selection of beers. They bartenders are very ready to help you pick one out. They also have live music here on Friday nights and the radio station Alt Buffalo dj's here on Thursdays. I used to not like it but now I do.
- 3.Encore.Encore is right off the Chip Strip aka Chippewa aka actual downtown Buffalo. I like coming here for special occasions like holidays. I came here for NYE and Halloween last year. It's more of a snobby rich crowd here. Everyone from the burbs basically. Everyone I went to middle school with who I mostly prefer to not associate myself with. However hometown celebs come here on the regs, so that's cool. This place dies down over the summer but is popping during the year.
- 4.Thirsty Buffalo ( or just Thirsty)I went here every weekend for over a month over the summer. This is a bar everyone loves to hate. But also love. There are usually a lot of underagers here. At least during the summer when everyone's home from college but it's always packed and there's a decent enough DJ. The bartenders are awesome too. Very easy to make friends with them. Tip: ask them to take a shot with you!
- 5.Allentown HardwareThis used to be my favorite bar to go to but it got kinda sketchy so I don't love going here anymore. There's always a $5 cover. The bartenders in the back bar are really cool though and know what they're doing. This place is fun to come to, to dance which is unexpected for a bar in the Allentown Area.
- 6.The PinkThis isn't actually the bar's real name but that's what it's called. Next door to Brickbar. The outside of the place is cool. It's painted dark blue with neon green flames and stars. There is a very interesting group of people that go here. They're bikers and tattooed up and super cool and authentic. Rule of thumb: You don't go to The Pink before 3am. It's a thing.
- 7.Frizzy'sAlso in the Allentown area. This place is cool to come to if Brick and Hardware and lame. It's really laid back and chill here. There is a jukebox in the front. And an okay bar. It's fun to sit on the patio. They have a photo booth here and it's fun to be drunk and get your picture taken. They have a wall full of photo strips that people have left behind in the back room. There's dart boards, a foosball table, and 2 covered pool tables that people play drinking games on.
- 8.Don Tequila'sAlso in Allentown. They have a fantastic margarita bong. This place is always fun to be at and is not crazy expensive. They have delicious food and queso! I came for for dinner on my 21st. Great for celebrations or if you just need some margs.
- 9.Cantina LocoAlso a Mexican restaurant/bar in Allentown but more fancy. They have gourmet margaritas. I tried the Spicy one and it's delicious. Only open till midnight I believe though.
- 10.Pearl StreetThis place is also a cool restaurant, bar and brewery. They have an awesome selection of their own beers. Located right near Canalside and the First Niagara Center where the Buffalo Sabres play. They have the best upstairs patio that overlooks the city. Really awesome to come here during games or to get Buffalo food.
- 11.There are many more Buffalo Bars that I haven't mentioned but these are probably my top faves. Perhaps someone should request a list of bars I want to try in Buffalo so I can expand the list...