THINGS I CAN'T RESIST BUYING WHILE GROCERY SHOPPING
A new Kroger opened less than a mile from my house and needless to say, it's not been good for the wallet.
- •Growler of beerNo, it's not cheaper and they sell the same stuff right next to the bar but it looks cooler in the fridge.
- •Organic veggiesOk, so I try to stick to the dirty dozen/clean 15 list but everything on that market stand looks amazing and sounds better when listed as locally grown.
- •Fancy cheeseBecause you can't have too many varieties on hand and you never know when you'll need to whip up some fondue, grilled cheeses or smear it with fancy preserves on crackers.
- •Baby food squeeziesI don't even need this stuff. Little man eats all our food. But there's something about having these on hand that makes me feel better.
- •Makeup itemRarely wear makeup these days, doesn't matter. Definitely need that shade of eye shadow slightly off from the dozen at home right now. Maybe this mascara will do something different that the others can't...
- •Nail polishSee above.
- •Organic chicken thighsWe eat them a lot. They have more flavor than the breasts and aren't so large you wonder what they've been pumped full of.
- •Starbucks drinkSuch the cliche thing to have while daytime shopping with the baby.
- •LaCroix sparkling waterLemon flavor, please.
- •Some random clothing/household itemI mean, have you been to a new Kroger? I could seriously buy everything necessary for my house there. Maybe their clothing aisle isn't where I'll learn about new fashion but they've got cute onesies and basic sports bras down.