PRACTICAL MEASURES THAT WOULD REDUCE GUN DEATHS
- •Ban on possession of guns by anyone subject to a domestic violence restraining order.
- •Ban on possession of guns for 10 years by anyone with a record of an alcohol- or narcotics-related offense.
- •National ban on possession of handguns by anyone under 21.
- •Universal background checks for all firearms acquisitions.
- •Limit of two purchases of guns a month by any person.
- •Ban on gun purchases by anyone on the terrorism watch list.
- •U.S. military research into “smart guns” and purchases of them, to give a boost to the smart gun industry.
- •Crackdown on gun dealers who help straw purchasers and funnel weapons to gangs and criminals