ACCENTS I WISH I HAD
There is nothing I dislike more than affected speech so I'll stick to my own accent I suppose. I can daydream, though.
- •William F. Buckley, Jr.I am not ashamed to admit that I regularly listen to YouTube videos of WFBJr. just for the aural delight of his manufactured accent. Of course a lot of his politics were kind of extreme, but his manner of speech was exquisite.
- •Gore vidalHigh point is the Vidal-Buckley debate/argument during the '68 Democratic convention. Both of my favourites in the same room insulting each other. So much fun.
- •Jude LawNot sure if he speaks differently in different films, but I am thinking mostly about GATTACA. Favourite film.
- •Timothy DaltonI mean any Bond I guess
- •Heath LedgerNot even sure. I think he was Australian. Australian accents can be either soothing or really jarring and I feel like he had the posh, polished kind.
- •Pretty much any actor who speaks with an American accent in film and then is revealed to be foreign by way of seeing them in some non-film setting/interviewIt's like a magic trick that doesn't get old! I could never fake any accent and expect to be anything other than laughed at.