PLACES TO PLAY TENNIS IN PITTSBURGH
- •The Pittsburgh Golf ClubIronically no golf course, but 3 outdoor and 2 indoor hard-tru tennis courts. Perfect place for those who want a country club experience including a young, hot, trendy female teaching pro. However with all these benefits, membership is required.
- •Arsenal ParkNewly resurfaced hard courts in the heart of Lawrenceville. Also BYOC (bring your own cider) compliments of Arsenal Cider House across the street.
- •Schenley ParkPittsburgh's most popular and accessible public tennis courts. I consider these courts the closest thing to tennis's version of street basketball in the city. Cracks all over the courts, weeds growing out of the cracks, and an always running water fountain shared by humans and animals.
- •Washington's LandingLocated on an island in the Allegheny River. These low key public tennis courts are decently well maintained and usually pretty open for play. Most likely because you have to wait out a 25 minute traffic light on the 31st street bridge prior to making your final turn onto the island.
- •Alpha Tennis and FitnessCurrent home facility of the women's Pitt Tennis team. (Also I hear they let the Duquesne men's and women's teams use the courts for their matches as well but H2P.) As an athletic facility Alpha is not messing around as they have indoor tennis courts, outdoor tennis courts, a basketball court, track, and gym.