10 THINGS PEOPLE SAY WHEN YOU'VE LOST A PARENT
In this case, my mom. To clarify, I am not annoyed by these comments. I'm empowered. My mom passed when I was 3, and I don't know anything about her except what people tell me. From what I've heard, my mom was an amazing woman and I'm proud to have commonalities with her.
- 1."You look just like your mom."
- 2."You know, your mom would've been so proud of you."
- 3."You remind me more of your momma every day."
- 4."Your mom loved music, too."
- 5."I remember being home for spring break and celebrating her birthday."
- 6."I wish you could've gotten to know her."
- 7."I miss your mom everyday."
- 8."She loved you and your brother so much."
- 9."I found these pictures of your mom, I thought you might want them."
- 10."She never stopped loving you."I wish I could've gotten to know you better.