WHAT IT'S LIKE TO HAVE A LEAP YEAR BIRTHDAY
- •Having to tell people I'm only 5 years old.I'm 20, you guys.
- •Having to explain, every year, that my birthday only rolls around every 4 years.
- •Getting asked the question, "So when do you celebrate your birthday?"I prefer February 28th, because it's a February birthday. It is also argued that it should be March 1st, since it's the day after February 29th. To each his own.
- •The weird expression on people's faces when they haven't even thought about Leap Day before.
- •Getting fussed over on my actual birthday when it has been 4 years.
- •The feeling of disgust when someone calls me a "leaper"
- •Whenever I have to play an icebreaker game, my birthday is my go-to fun fact about me.
- •The fact that, technically, I don't have a birthday every 3/4 years.
- •When I was younger, my best friend convinced me I didn't have a birthday. He pointed to the calendar, and it turned out to be true.
- •On my actual birthday, my whole family takes a road trip to Chattanooga, because that's where I was born.
- •On non-leap year years, Facebook shows my birthday on Feb. 28th AND March 1st.
- •Being a leap year baby is part of who I am, and I wouldn't trade it for the world.