Things I Wish I'd Known at Sixteen
- •Your life is not a romantic comedy.But rather a series of moments that sometimes make you feel like a pasture of daisies, and sometimes like you got caught in a meat grinder. It's all beautiful, but sometimes it isn't pleasant.
- •Love changes.The way you feel it, the way you experience it, where you find it. It all changes. So far as I know it doesn't stop changing.
- •Being a grown up doesn't mean not being afraid.Actually quite the opposite. In my experience being an adult is being afraid of most everything all the time.
- •Let him go.He doesn't deserve you, and even if he does love you...it isn't going to be enough. You'll both be happier. I know it doesn't feel like it. But you will.
- •Failing doesn't make you a failure.It just means you tried. Keep trying. Sometimes it sucks. Sometimes it really, really doesn't.
- •Be confident. You're fucking awesome.You're brilliant, and pretty, and funny, and cool. Own that.