Things You Legit Need to Avoid After a Breakup
I know. You'll probably do at least half of these anyway. It's okay. We've all been there.
- •Stalking his social media.He's recently been tagged in pictures with pretty girls. He went to your favorite bar/restaurant without you. You don't actually want to see that. Pretend he's at home and crying a lot. Don't check. Trust me.
- •Re-reading the cute text messages he sent you two months ago.He did say those things. He most likely meant them. That doesn't change the way things are now. It will ultimately just make you sad.
- •Asking his friends about him.They're definitely texting him to say that you asked. And you, my powerful, independent, butterfly, (as far as he is concerned) are over it. Don't give him the satisfaction.
- •Drunk texting/calling him.You're gonna' say the worst possible thing. And you know it.
- •Continuing to "just hook up".You're a prize. You deserve better. Make him realize that. Ya know that saying about the cow and the milk for free...
- •Thinking you can't be sad.You be as sad as you need to be. Cry into a bucket of ice cream for an entire weekend. Burn his pictures. You do you. But at some point, you gotta just put on some lipstick and pretend to be psyched. Trust me. You'll feel better.
- •Drinking through all of your weekends.Do something for you instead. Crank your music and take an aimless drive to somewhere beautiful. Visit your family. Meet a friend for coffee and only talk about the good stuff.
- •Giving up on love.I know it feels like all love is shit right now. It probably will for a while, but don't give up on it. You'll find it again. ❤