Types of guys I've dated (+ their pros/cons)
A significantly more eclectic list than I realized.
- •The guy who loves his car (probably more than he loves you).Pros: The car was actually cool. Knew his way around more than one type of engine (insert wink here). A little dangerous. Cons: A little dangerous. My mother hated him. He liked to spread his skills around to a generous section of the female populous.
- •The guy who plays a lot of video games.Pros: He sincerely adored me. He made an effort to get to know my friends. Was a bomb kisser. Cons: Was constantly broke. Lazy. My mother hated him. My dad hated him. Eventually liked smoking weed more than he liked doing anything else.
- •The teenage boy who has absolutely no rules at home and loves cheap beer.(disclaimer: I was also a teenager at the time of said relationship). Pros: He was hot as hell. Worked hard for his money, and proudly paid for dates with it. Knew how to have a good time. As good a kisser as he was at everything else. Cons: Serious commitment phobia (though to be fair he was 17 and I think is married now). Knew how to have (too much of) a good time. Liked to "keep his options open".
- •The guy who has a girlfriend/wife.(Disclaimer: I'm not proud of this). Pros: The sneaking around was hot. He was good at...most everything. He was crazy, bangable attractive. He was actually incredibly sweet. Cons: He was in a committed relationship, which made me a primarily terrible human being.
- •The guy who constantly needs affirmation that you think he's cool.Pros: None. Cons: He was not (even a little bit) cool.
- •The guy who is a single dad.Pros: Nearly everything. Responsible. Hard-working. Charismatic. Loved his kids more than life itself. Sweet. Funny. Cons: Forever having to have a relationship with the mother of his children (which I totally understand, but do not love). Has priorities that are sometimes more important than me. Bit of a workaholic. (Disclaimer: I actually, regretfully, screwed this one up).
- •The guy who isn't quite ready for an adult relationship.Pros: Seriously beautiful. Funny. Charming. Buys drinks and flirts just well enough that you know he likes you, but that he doesn't flirt often. Smart. Surprisingly tender. Hand-holder. Cons: Avoids confrontation like the plague. Still binge drinks a touch too often. Slightly spooked by commitment. Can't decide what he wants from life and/or a relationship.