6 Things I've Learned Since Entering Motherhood
There's more but I'm taking care of a tiny human right now.
- •A messy house is a small price to pay for a happy, healthy baby.Seriously. My townhouse is a fucking mess. Laundry half done, piles of mail I should go through and send out, bottles I should clean, etc. The point is, you end up stopping everything to tend to a screaming baby. Like, nothing else matters but getting him to stop crying. Then, you forget what you were doing and pick up another chore. Rinse and repeat.
- •Baby laundry is soo important.Babies are messy. Between pee, poop, and spit up, the laundry hamper gets full fast. Naked babies are cute but they catch cold easily so they kinda need to be clothed. That means I need to wash his stuff and actually put it away. My laundry isn't even a priority anymore.
- •Boobs are no longer sexy.LOL like I even have time to think about sex! But even if I did, these things make food now so they leak constantly. Not sexy, not cute. This one might sound funny and I do laugh at it occasionally but with all of the other changes in and on my body... It's tough loving my body.
- •My life is no longer my own.Yeah, I know what you're thinking. You're thinking, "You're married. Your life hasn't been your own for a while." And you're not wrong. Life with Victor doesn't require me to play the little wife and live my life according to his wishes alone. We make it a priority to maintain our individuality. Meanwhile Matthew is always at the forefront of my mind - even when I'm out with friends. Every decision I make is with him in mind. Always.
- •This baby weight is never going away.It's currently impossible for me to go the gym. At least for now. I'm actually not sure how other moms pull it off. I don't have any family members that can take the baby during the week. They work. Victor does have daddy duty after work but at that point I just want to relax. So, no gym. No weight loss.
- •I can no longer run on a handful of sleep hours.Gone are the days when I could wake up after 4 hours of sleep and still feel fantastic. I find myself crashing in the middle of the day when the baby's asleep. No amount of coffee helps.