Movies I Watch When I'm Suicidal
When I can't get out of bed due to chronic depression and complications that go with it, I grab my laptop and watch a movie (or four). A coping mechanism. These are the ones I watch on repeat
- •About Alex (2014)I've watched this three times, cried the first two and felt better after every time. A movie about suicide that makes me not want to kill myself
- •Juno (2007)This gem is sitting on my bed side table next to my computer. Juno's wit and unable to take sh*t always puts a smile on my face.
- •A Long Way Down (2014)Another movie about suicide, got terrible ratings, but I loved it. Four complex characters and a girl who wants to be invisible, I can relate.
- •In A World (2014)Cute lil' quirky movie with feminist overtones and people with beautifully pitched voices. Also nerd love and I'm a sucker for that.
- •The Hunger Games movies (any)My favorite dystopia series and a cast of power teens. The first Hunger Games used to be my only suicide movie, I watched it 13 times in a year, I memorized the entire thing.