REASONS STEP UP 2: THE STREETS IS THE GREATEST DANCE MOVIE OF ALL TIME
Entertainment Weekly wrote recently that Centerstage is the greatest dance movie of all time. I disagree. Strongly.
- •That end sequence thoThis could be the beginning and end of the list as far as I'm concerned. I wish I could add a GIF. HE BREATHES HER. IT'S INSANE! The dancing in this finale is so damn good. And it takes place outside in that crazy-ass firehose movie rain because THE STREETS.
- •The leads have chemistry!Like, they like each for real. It's palpable. When they won Best Kiss at the MTV Movie awards, I had to cross my legs in other direction.
- •Channing TatumDoes a double flip off a trampoline and LEAVES HIS SHIRT hanging from a pole in the FIRST 10 MINUTES of this movie.
- •Shake Your Pom PomWe hadn't heard from Missy in far too long when she added this hot track to the soundtrack. The accompanying dance montage was fun as hell too.
- •A b-girl as a lead!I'm so sick of watching ballerinas find their inner "street" in dance movies. It was so refreshing to watch a girl who can breakdance. That's her doing a headspin while everyone else just points like "that's what's up".
- •JabbawokeezAre somehow not even the best dancers in this movie
- •MooseThe whole movie you're like "Well, he's a fun sidekick." And then he goes FULL BLOWN MICHAEL JACKSON in the finale. Again, dat finale.
- •Christopher ScottLookin young as hell and dumb as hell, but still crushing it as a dancer. He would go on to choreograph some siiiiiick dances for So You Think You Can Dance.