Favorite Art Museums
Chose these because I had some truly memorable Times in these museums (the art was obviously great too, but maybe secondary to the Times).
- •Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum, BostonHave a soft spot for this place from my college days.
- •Shangri La, Honolulu, HIUnexpectedly great collection of Islamic art, located in a stunning oceanfront mansion owned by heiress Doris Duke (please do yourself a favor and read about her if you don't know who she is).
- •Reina Sofia, MadridExceptionally well-organized. Wrote a list about my favorite pieces here: BEST OF: THE REINA SOFIA MUSEUM (MADRID)
- •MoMa, NYCAlways a winner!
- •National Gallery, LondonWent to London on a solo trip and had a great afternoon here.
- •Storm King, Mountainville, NYPerfect intersection of art and nature. 👌🏻
- •Prado, MadridReina Sofia had a better flow, but I'm a Hieronymus Bosch fangirl and had a come-to-Jesus/Satan moment with the Garden of Earthly Delights. They don't allow photos inside the museum, which inspired this list: WHEN YOU CAN'T TAKE PHOTOS INSIDE THE PRADO MUSEUM...