HOW TO BALANCE SENTENCES
I have anxiety and along with that, minor OCD. One of my "obsessions" is balancing sentences. I am going to teach you how to balance sentences:
- •First, you have tall letters. For example, any capital letters (A, B, C, D, etc).
- •Also, any letters that are tall. (Duh).t, l, d, f, k, h, b
- •Then you have hanging letters. Letters that hang. They balance with the tall letters.q, y, p, g, j
- •Then you have all the rest. The short letters. These don't really do much. They kind of just hang out.e, r, w, u, i, o, a, s, z, x, c, v, n, m
- •So you hear a sentence. That sentence gets stuck in your head. For example, "Let's meet up today."That doesn't balance. There are 5 tall letters and 2 hanging letters.
- •So, your challenge is to balance the tall with the hanging without changing the meaning of the sentence.
- •"Hey, you, yes you. Meet up with me today."6 tall and 6 hanging😈
- •"Meet up later, you guys?"4 tall and 4 hanging. I always feel weird about question marks, though. They don't exactly count as tall letters but I like to steer clear of those guys.
- •This is what I find myself doing when I feel stressed out.
- •I've been doing it since I can remember.I thought everyone did it and brought it up one Christmas morning in 5th grade. My family had no idea what I was talking about so I kept it a secret until I told my boyfriend (he was not surprised. I'm already "weird enough that this seems kinda normal" for me) ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
- •I've never written anything about it.I don't even write it down to figure it out. All mental. This is the first "written" trace of this weird thing I do.
- •It's a weird lil' part of me.
- •It relaxes me.
- •It's fun.
- •Problem solving is 🆒
- •✌🏼️ out