THINGS I REMEMBER FROM MY CHILDHOOD THAT WERE SHORT LIVED. ++
An incomplete, top-of-the-mind list.
- •Betamax- Top Gun, Risky Business, Four Weddings and a Funeral.My mom had a thing for Tom Cruise and Hugh Grant. I'm sure we owned some others, but these are the only ones we still own.
- •Laser DiscNot sure why this didn't gain popularity. Who didn't want a record sized disc?!
- •Love ConnectionI was in half-day kindergarten. My mom and I watched this every day while we ate a picnic lunch in the family room. Complete with picnic blanket and Oreos.
- •Two Guys a Girl and a Pizza PlaceWhere my crush on Ryan Reynolds began.
- •Commadore 64I thought that my family was so bad-ass with the joy stick and Top Gun game. These all live in my basement.
- •PagersI remember paging my dad- who was not a doctor. I can't imagine why this was necessary.
- •Crystal PepsiThought clear Pepsi was the coolest.
- •Nintendo virtual boyA neighbor friend got this for his birthday. I thought it was the coolest ever.
- •Fruit stripe gumAt 8, this was the most delicious invention.
- •Fantastic Max cartoonSometimes I think I dreamed this. I watched with my little brother. The main character was always exclaiming, "dirty diapers" can't imagine why it was short lived.
- •Squeeze-itsI would probably still drink these if they existed today. And also- surely the leading cause of diabetes in America.