24 TAUGHT ME:
It's almost my birthday and I'm thinkin' about 24.
- •Not all life changes are created equal.Engagement, wedding planning, moving, job hunting... Some are fun; others, not so much. It's ok to feel like I didn't/am not handling some as well as others.
- •Being married is amazing.I love love. Sometimes I can't believe he's mine.
- •McDonald's is amazing.I guess I've been on a high horse all my life bc not only is the breakfast food and coffee wonderful and cheap, McDonald's is something everyone in America has in common, and also the best free restrooms and most authentic vignette of most communities.
- •How awesome The Rock is.What started as an ironic interest quickly escalated into...a genuine obsession with Dwayne The Rock Johnson. Sometimes love surprises us, life is a rich tapestry, etc
- •To listen to those I disagree with.They put my current president-elect in office, didn't they.
- •A whole heckin' lot about race issues and racism.Just...yeah. My ignorance is fading out, and I'm learning how to advocate for minorities best in the long term. Shoutout to Lemonade and Coloring Book for lighting the way.
- •Portland weather really is shitty! The 100% of people who told me that were not lying!
- •How to use a Kitchenaid!I mean... I didn't make those tho. That's some advanced shit.
- •To not rip the tags off right away.Whyyyyyy did this take me so long to learn.
- •Marfa still has my heart.Idk if I'd ever live there, but I sure do miss it.
- •A lot by way of podcasts.I knew I'd come around eventually, and 24 was the year.
- •I'm more of an April than I used to think.This show is the love of my life.
- •Here's to 25!:')
- •*shouts out the window of a car driving into the sunset* ALSO I STILL DONT LIKE GILMORE GIRLS AND YOU GUYS ALL HAVING FUN WATCHING PARTIES TOGETHER WITHOUT ME CAN EAT A SHOE