INFUEGO NOVELISTIC OPENINGS 🔥
(see what I did there?) Also, these are more fun without attribution.
- •It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune, must be in want of a wife.
- •The sky above the port was the color of television, tuned to a dead channel.
- •Willow Springs. Everybody knows but nobody talks about the legend of Sapphira Wade. A true conjure woman: satin black, biscuit, cream, red as Georgia clay: depending on which of us takes a mind to her.
- •I am an American, Chicago born—Chicago, that somber city—and go at things as I have taught myself, free-style, and will make the record in my own way: first to knock, first admitted; sometimes an innocent knock, sometimes a not so innocent.
- •Sitting beside the road, watching the wagon mount the hill toward her, Lena thinks, ‘I have come from Alabama: a fur piece. All the way from Alabama a-walking. A fur piece.’ Thinking although I have not been quite a month on the road I am already in Mississippi, further from home than I have ever
- •It's a new elevator, freshly pressed to the rails, and it's not built to fall this fast.
- •When he woke in the woods in the dark and the cold of the night he'd reach out to touch the child sleeping beside him. Nights dark beyond darkness and the days more gray each one than what had gone before. Like the onset of some cold glaucoma dimming away the world.
- •Ships at a distance have every man's wish on board.
- •A screaming comes across the sky.Suggested by @kflinn1