ON FAILING IMMEDIATELY AFTER MY FIRST TIME LEAVING HOME
- •I was fresh outta high school, 18, ready to take on this world.
- •Felt very responsible, very in control.
- •Got on a flight to norther California, all the way across the country from my home in Indiana.
- •Guy sitting across the aisle looked at me and said "Hey. Are you going to Las Vegas or something?"
- •I wasn't. I told him no. Still a little confused why he immediately thought that but whatever, dude.
- •He pulls out a pack of gum and says "You want a piece?"
- •I felt weird and I said yes.
- •And then I immediately realized that I have been gone from home for literally a couple hours.
- •And I already
- •And then nothing happened and I continued on my way and took on the world.
- •But still it could have been bad.
- •Come on Kyla.