WHAT ANXIETY FEELS LIKE
A list to help me understand myself better. It helps to write it out.
- •It's like I have a pot of water sitting in the bottom of my stomach
- •And that pot of water is sitting on a stove
- •And all of a sudden the stove will turn on
- •And the water heats up and starts threatening to boil
- •And so it starts moving and shaking and slowly bubbles rise to the top, closer to my heart
- •And I panic because of the chaos going on in this pot of water
- •And I have to derail it before it boils over
- •So I sit and breath and pray and read Philippians 4:6-7 and talk to myself
- •And I picture the water calming as my body relaxes
- •And I remind myself that nothing is as bad as it seems
- •And then the stove is turned off and I go about my day until my mind sets it off again.
- •It's a tiring thing.
- •But when I get it under control I always think, "Yeah Ky. You got this."
- •It's just situational anxiety. It's been going on for five weeks. Almost six now.
- •Hopeful someday soon the whole pot of water will get completely removed.
- •But until then I'm content with learning how to manage it.