TIPS (AND GUIDES) FOR VISITING JAPAN
Sorry I couldn't answer your actual request! I haven't spent much time in those areas but here's how I've researched my own trips.
- •If you like kawaii, crafts, art, shopping, food, animals and fashionI just published a new guide with over 200 things to do: http://www.askingfortrouble.org/products/planning-for-japan-guide-book
- •If you're on a budgetTokyo Cheapo is a great site with weekly free events listings and lots of useful articles. Their ebook guide is excellent too: https://tokyocheapo.com/book/
- •If you're getting off the usual tourist route and want some regional ideasThis blog - http://microseism.blogspot.co.uk/ - covers a couple's multiple trips all over Japan. It's so good and full of detailed info.
- •If you want to live like Harajuku icon Kyary Pamyu Pamyu for a dayShe has her own kawaii guide: http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/product/NEOBK-1368601
- •If you're a hipster into architecture, design, coffee and menswearMonocle's guide was written just for you! There are also some good essays and walking tours for the rest of us. http://amzn.to/1KJNsBZ
- •If you've never visited Japan before and wonder whether it's hard to figure everything outI self-published a whole book about my first three trips with daily diaries, photos, illustrations and tips. It's available as a paperback or PDF on my website (and as an ebook): http://www.askingfortrouble.org/collections/japan-zines/products/kawaii-japan-book
- •If you're just starting your plansI've been blogging about how I'm organising my next trip from 8 months to take off: http://blog.askingfortrouble.org/category/japan/japan-2016/
- •If you want more blogs and useful websites to readI have a page of my favourites at http://blog.askingfortrouble.org/my-favourite-japan-guides-blogs-websites/
- •There's even more Japan stuff on my blogMy favourite shops + links, apps, reviews, interviews and more: http://blog.askingfortrouble.org/tokyo-shopping-guide/
- •Hope this helps! Feel free to send me more list requests if you're visiting Japan.I promise to list A LOT while I'm there next month.