What It's Like Dating Someone With Depression
- •HeartbreakingThere are so many times when I knew he was so low and no matter what I did, I knew I would never be able to make anything better. I felt like a failure.
- •FrustratingWhy does this illness even exist?! It's not fair! Just leave him alone, goddamnit!!
- •Full of cuddly kissesThere were times where bad days meant lots of cuddles and kisses, and cuddles and kisses are the best.
- •Eye-openingI realized how strong I am. Then I realized how strong he is.
- •Heart-tuggingI have so much love for him and I just want to wrap him in all of it.
- •A realization of realitySometimes I thought everything was okay. I thought he was doing well. I thought he was happy at that moment. But then reality would hit and we wouldn't be able to go on a date or do things I always wanted to do or that he wanted to do. I had to be patient. I had to realize the reality of his depression. It wasn't going to get up, walk away, and never come back.
- •IlluminatingWhile all I wanted to do was take care of him and make life better for him, I had to realize that I also needed to take care of myself. Because if I'm not healthy how can I be there for someone whole-heartedly?
- •A rewarding experienceLoving someone with depression isn't easy but it's a beautiful thing.