How not to vacation in Minneapolis
a break from Arizona's June heat
- •Fly to Minneapolis. No prob.
- •Get to our hotel:. Nicollet Island Inn. Very nice.
- •Find dinner at a place that's been recommended:. Wilde's.Good Reuben and local beer.
- •Walk down the street, see a place offering Segway tours.Get the number.
- •In the morning, find the Walker museum and cruise around Lake of the Isles and Lake Calhoun while waiting for the museum to open.Before that, stop at a great bakery/deli for kolaches for breakfast, and make a Segway tour reservation.
- •Go to the Walker and to the sculpture garden. All very excellent.
- •Head down for the Segway tour. Watch the video, start the training. Things are going well. Then we have to go up a ramp to get up to the street. I get tangled with device in front of me and go down
- •Ambulance comes: I have dislocated and broken my ankle.
- •Spend the night in the hospital, where everyone is very nice. They give me a plaster cast to my knee and a walker.On the other hand they cut off my jeans.
- •Spend Saturday in the hotel. Did not see St Paul or any other lakes.
- •This does not count as my Minneapolis vacay.