LET ME ANSWER YOUR QUESTIONS ABOUT WAITING FOR MARRIAGE 🙅💍🙅👌👈
Hi. I'm a vIrGiN at the ripe old age of 24. When I was 13 I decided to hold off until/if I got married. Let's discuss. I've started us off with some of my usual questions. 📁 this has been in my drafts for awhile...a little nervous!
- •First off let's explain this thing.The choice I made was/is both practical and religious. I cannot speak for every woman who waits or every Christian. My experience is my own. I probably wouldn't have had this idea or considered this option if I didn't grow up a Christian BUT over the years it has become more than a religious choice for me.
- •Why?For me (FOR ME!) sex is about intimacy. Sex exists/was created to bind two people together forever. It's meant to be an unbreakable bond between two bodies/hearts/souls. For these reasons I have chosen not to engage in sex outside marriage.
- •But sex is fun? So just do it?Sure. For me, and other Christians, sex is sacred/divine. Using it for fun isn't the intended/original use. The fact that sex is fun is a nice bonus to the purpose it serves in uniting two souls. (That sounds hokey AF, I know but TBH we believe much weirder shit)
- •What if you don't get married?I dk 😐. I don't have this all figured out.
- •But aren't you a feminist?Big time.
- •Is it hard?It's honestly been easy for me. I've never been with someone I wanted to have sex with (OK! until recently). My choice has served me well in a lot of ways. It's protected my heart and body, it's freed me from pregnancy and STD stress. So I wouldn't call it hard necessarily? Plus there's the added bonus that I can change my mind whenever I damn well please and I haven't...so it obviously hasn't been impossibly difficult.
- •Are you sexually repressed?OKAY. Please stop with this. No one asks me this point blank but it's almost always implied. The sexual revolution means I get to decide who I share my body with. Even if it's no one or only one person. I don't have to engage in sex in order to benefit from the freedom feminism has provided for me. I can practice my sexual liberation by saying no!
- •Are you obsessed with Jane the Virgin?In every way.