LOOKING FOR OLD STORIES FROM A FRESH PERSPECTIVE - HELP!
Bonus points if there's a play adaptation. It could be a story retold from a different character's perspective, or turning a comedy into a tragedy or vice versa. I'll get you started with some examples.
- •WickedWizard of Oz from the wicked witch's perspective
- •39 StepsTakes the Hitchcock thriller and turns it into a comedy
- •Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are DeadHamlet retold by minor characters
- •The True Story of the Three Little PigsSuggested by @amieshmamie
- •Mr Fox by Helen OyeyemiDisclaimer: I haven't read it but people say it's good!Suggested by @bookishclaire
- •The Authentic Life of Billy the Kid (play by Lee Blessing)Takes place the night before Pat Garrett was murdered, and supposes that the famous Wild West lawman didn't actually kill the legendary Billy the Kid years earlier.Suggested by @jonmichaelwxyz