A Dream I Just Had
LITERALLY WOKE UP AND IMMEDIATELY WROTE IT DOWN
- •I was at Sloss Music & Arts Festivalwhich is a music festival in Birmingham (Alabama) that's having its second year this year.
- •I kept looking for a printed copy of the schedule for some reason??? I don't know why I would have a printed copy.
- •So I kept going back to this roomIt was dark and kind of gross, really but I remember dream-Leah feeling pretty good about it
- •Finally I find it, and see that Styx is the last performance of the daynot true. the schedule isn't out yet but Styx totally won't be there
- •I tell my friendsThe friends I had with me weren't even people I'd bring to a music festival??
- •Suddenly who walks in the room, but Father John Mistywho, by the way, is also NOT performing at Sloss
- •We're laughing and talking(!), and I clearly remember dream-Leah being like "okay, don't hug him. don't hug him. don't do it."It was casual & stuff but I also remember almost hugging him A LOT. Like I'd go to hug him and then just stop and step back.
- •and I ASK HIM "Hey, I have a question. How many days is it, you think, that you get asked nothing but dumb questions." He's thinking about it and suddenly I say "Because I heard you grew up in a Christian household." And he LAUGHS. Because I guess we're FRIENDS.I WAS ABOUT TO ASK HIM IF I COULD HAVE A HUG
- •Then he says, "I gotta run, because I'm about to go on. I guess I'll see you out there."what can ya do?
- •We show up to his performance which is in a weird tent thing?it was covered, with a door and a roof, but I could see through some cracks in the walls.
- •He's singing and everything is beautifulI REMEMBER THINKING IT SOUNDED JUST LIKE I WAS LISTENING TO ITUNES
- •& Suddenly I hear the Washed Out song Feel It All Aroundprobably because it's on my sleep playlist?? anyway I'm going to Sloss this year PURELY to see Washed Out.
- •and then again.Because at first I thought he (FJM) had mixed it into this version of True Affection
- •I run outside looking for the sourcefull speed. because that's who I was there to see & I was FREAKING OUT
- •& it's a man who had ping pong tables playing the songsJESUS.
- •I run back inside and Misty's covered in people so I fight my way back to the frontwhere, for some reason, my whole family & a number of people I don't talk to are
- •The concert endsI wander around trying to pull the schedule up to see when Styx goes on.
- •THE END.