Song Lyrics I Incorporate Into Everyday Conversation
I'm the worst at interpersonal communication but do you know who isn't? Phil Collins.
- •This is the world we live in, and these are the hands we're given. ("Land of Confusion," Genesis)typically said sarcastically, when I or someone I know makes a big deal about something that's petty.
- •Someone told me it's all happening at the zoo. ("At The Zoo," Simon & Garfunkel)usually when someone's talking about somebody acting like a lunatic. also when people mention a zoo AT ALL.
- •Before this river becomes an ocean... ("Faith," George Michael)is this an idiom normal people use? doesn't matter.
- •A-yo, a-yo! ("A-YO," Lady Gaga)this is just my go to interjection.
- •"There's a blank space right there, where you'll write you're name."Paraphrased for when my students haven't written their name even though it's January and they've been in school for 5 1/2 years.Suggested by @kate81
- •"Hello, it's me!"Yes I still do this!Suggested by @kate81