What I Wanted to Be Growing Up, Chronologically
consider this the ever-growing anthology
- •MasseuseNot sure how to explain this one. I thought I was good at it? When I was ten?
- •ChiropractorThis was my fifth grade attempt to make the masseuse job a little classier. I gave this up when I realized that my teacher was going to keep making me explain what it was to my classmates and I didn't ACTUALLY know.
- •Writer"I'm great at this!" My sixth grade self would explain as she looked around at the stacks of mundane, unfinished short stories in her room.
- •MinisterOkay let's pretend like this never happened.
- •NewscasterAfter an eighth grade field trip to CNN, I discovered my true talent: reading from a TelePrompTer.
- •LawyerI'd seen Law & Order. I could've done this.
- •President"I can totally do that." I smugly said before realizing I can't make any decisions for myself.
- •Radio Journalist"It's like the newscaster thing but I don't have to wear makeup!"
- •Mindy KalingI stand by this one.