"A CHARLIE BROWN THANKSGIVING": MY FAVORITES
- •Sally: "Anyway, why should I give thanks on Thanksgiving? What have I got to be thankful for? All it does is make more work for us at school. Do you know what we have to do now? We have to write an essay on Stanley Miles." Charlie Brown: "You mean Miles Standish." Sally: "I can't keep track of all of those people!"
- •Peppermint Patty inviting herself for Thanksgiving and flirting with CB: "We'll keep these intimate things to ourselves, okay Chuck?""See you soon, you sly devil!" My observant kid says, "Her bangs look like a football."
- •The song "Little Birdie".https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0U9_RZJMQyo ❤️ 🎶Vince Guaraldi 🎶❤️
- •The fact that Snoopy sets up their pre-Grandma's-house dinner on a ping pong table.We always ate Christmas Eve dinner on my grandparents' ping pong table.
- •Snoopy's fight with a lawn chair.
- •The dinner prep sequence.https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0U9_RZJMQyo Set to "Linus & Lucy." Toast, popcorn, pretzels and jelly beans. Where did they get all those toasters?!
- •When Peppermint Patty feels bad for blowing up about the half-assed food and asks Marcie to apologize to CB for her. Linus: "This is not unlike another famous Thanksgiving episode. Do you remember the story of John Alden, and Priscilla Mullins, and Captain Miles Standish?" Peppermint Patty: "This isn't like that one at all."
- •All the Peanuts kids sit in the way back of a station wagon (driven by a mystery adult) to go to Grandma's for dinner.This makes me very nostalgic for riding in backwards-facing bench seats or just sprawled out in the back of friends' parents' station wagons as a kid.
- •Snoopy and Woodstock have their own Thanksgiving when the gang leaves.Let's ignore the fact that it's pretty creepy that Woodstock is so into eating the turkey.