ART IN MY HOME 🖼
My favorites. Inspired by @boygirlparty
- •"Ever-Hopeful Spring" by Rick AllenThe bottom says "Engrav'd on a whim by RN Allen who knows it was June when lilacs last in the dooryard bloom'd." Love that.
- •We got this a few weeks ago. By Lauren Briere, an Austin, TX artist who drove overnight to Iowa Arts Fest and was so lovely to talk to. We haven't even hung it yet.
- •"Parade" by Jen CoraceI am a big fan of hers. From www.tinyshowcase.com
- •"Spirit Guides" by Laura BergerI follow her on IG (@_lauraberger_) and love her more recent work, too.
- •"Elise" by Heather MattoonI saw this and thought, "That's what my daughter would look like if she was a cat."
- •"Child of Nature" by Lori Biwer-StewartAnother one that reminder me of my daughters. It's a little hard to tell from this photo, but she's wearing a nest crown.
- •"An Otter Day" by Liz SivertsonOtters are my favorite.
- •Detail from an abandoned house photograph by Kent DurkHe uses a technique that layers multiple digital images, creating highly detailed and saturated photographs. He and his wife drive all over the Midwest (Missouri mostly) to capture abandoned and forgotten places. We fell in love with this one.
- •Charley Harper Cardinal by Motawi TileworksHe hangs on the wall opposite our bed and is one of the first things I see in the morning.
- •"The Troll With No Heart in His Body" by Betsy BowenA print from the children's book of the same name.
- •"Stella By Day" by Christine Mount KappThis is a giclee print of a painting based on a photo of the artist's grandmother Stella and her pet crow.
- •"Leroy & Bedford St." by Kazuya MorimotoMy friend who lives in NYC introduced us to this artist she regularly sees working in her neighborhood. We walked by and said hi to him and he sketched my daughter into this scene. My friend found him a few months later, bought a print and he signed it for Eleanor ❤️