Sunday Mass even during vacations growing up. Junior high altar server. 12 years of Catholic school. Deeply agnostic.
- •Holy cardsTucked into my bedroom mirror, from my grandmothers' funerals. Not surprisingly, images of...
- •MaryComforting. I don't really pray, but when I have prayerful moments they're directed at her more often than not. This was hanging in the kitchen of my childhood home and my still-practicing mom didn't want it when she and my dad moved.
- •Crossing myselfAn instinct at any Christian religious service I attend. I also want to genuflect before entering a pew.
- •On Eagle's Wings, They Will Know We Are Christians By Our Love, Prayer of Saint Francis (Make Me a Channel of Your Peace), Here I Am Lord, Holy God We Praise Thy Name, etc., etc., etc.So many songs permanently etched into my brain. And I actually like a lot of them. And I will never not cry a little when I hear On Eagles Wings.
- •Fran the Man in the gardenSorry about those weeds, buddy.
- •"Tony, Tony look around. Something's lost and must be found."Invoking St. Anthony when I can't find something. I maybe don't believe in god, but will recruit a magical dead guy to help locate my misplaced keys (again).