We took both girls to an Iowa Hawkeyes football game for the first time today. I am pretty ambivalent about football and especially Iowa football. This is a state in which the highest paid state employee is far and away our university football coach. That said, game day is a spectacle and it's pretty easy to get caught up in the excitement.
- •Tailgating is intense.Tricked out old RVs, elaborate crock pot buffet spreads, people playing bags/cornhole everywhere.
- •We coincidentally walked into the stadium with the marching band.I love marching bands but was never in one.
- •Go Hawks?It was a beautiful, sunny day, but really warm in the direct sun and all of the girls' Iowa gear is black 😬
- •The band in action.No photos taken of actual football play! Ha!
- •Penny and Pop
- •Frozen lemonade treatInadvertently brilliant strategy. They were rock solid and the scraping and chipping away with flimsy plastic spoons kept the kids occupied for at least 20 minutes.
- •Sign o' the times
- •Official Sausage
- •This $6 pretzel is making me thirsty!I wish I was joking.
- •The girls were troopers but only made it through halftime.It was too hot and I think Penny was experiencing some sensory overload (soooo loud!). I left with them and they spent the rest of the game at a playground near our parking spot. Aaaand the Hawks lost.
- •Here's to the rest of the weekend! 😊