GOOD CRY SONGS, ALL BY PATTY GRIFFIN
No songwriter is as good at turning my insides out as Patty Griffin. She creates these beautiful 4 minute stories that capture the everyday heartbreaks of being human. If you need a good cry (or just want to check out a new artist--maybe you won't feel all the feelings!) these are my go-to songs...
- •Top of the World (https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=z0xLkRiKq9U)I wished I was smarter/ wished I was stronger / I wished I lived Jesus / the way my wife does / I wished it's been easier / instead of any longer / I wished I could have stood / where your would've been proud / That won't happen now / That won't happen now
- •Sweet Lorraine ( https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7M7BrmBHGos )Her father would tear out like a page of the Bible / Then he'd burn down the house to announce his arrival
- •Long Ride Home ( https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=p6hpwl9rTL0 )Forty years go by with someone laying in your bed / Forty years of things you say you wish you'd never said / How hard would it have been to say some kinder words instead / I wonder as I stare up at the sky all turning red / I've had some time to think about it / and watch the sun sink like a stone / I've had some time to think about you / on the long ride home
- •Making Pies ( https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2HC7KABegj0 )Did I show you this picture of my sweetheart / taken of us before the war / Of the Greek and his Italian girl / one Sunday at the shore / We tied our ribbons to the fire escape / They were taken by the birds / who flew home to the country / as the bombs rained on the world
- •Nobody's Crying (https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dGlNEbFuN9g )But darling I wish you well / On your way to the wishing well / Swinging off of those gates of hell / But I can tell how hard you're trying / I just have this secret home / Sometimes all we do is cope / Somewhere on the steepest slope / There's an endless rope / And nobody's crying