IN PRAISE OF CHICAGO THIN CRUST PIZZA
- •I will defend deep dish till I die, but I've eaten waaaay more thin crust pizza in Chicago.
- •Deep dish was more like a treat we'd have only a few times a year when I was growing up.
- •Because if this is your regular pizza...
- •You're going to end up like Todd.
- •And Chicago thin crust is ...
- •Essentials: buttery, crackery, crispy crust and SQUARE CUTWhy is this better than big floppy triangles? IT JUST IS.
- •Where to get it?
- •Marie's Pizza & Liquors on LawrenceAn institution. At Christmas every inch of the ceiling is hung with shiny foil decorations. Liquor store attached!
- •Barnaby's in Niles or NorthbrookJunior high sports teams pizza party nostalgia! Look at that sign!
- •Lou Malnati'sA thin crust Lou (spinach, mushrooms, tomatoes) is perfection (My family's deep dish order is sausage and mushroom only and always) 😘
- •Coalfire Pizza - 1321 W. GrandWent there for the 1st time on my most recent Chicago visit a few weeks ago, and it's my new favorite. Highly recommend the Pesto.Suggested by @roche