MY HIGH SCHOOL AESTHETIC
Class of '94!
- •Uniform skirtMonday through Friday. Blackwatch tartan. 100% polyester and indestructible. Rolled two times at the waist so it hit above the knees.
- •Plaid boxer shortsUnder the uniform skirt
- •Flannel pantsWorn to school under the uniform skirt on cold days and during the day at school for as long as teachers would let me get away with it.
- •LAYERSTurtleneck, oversized chambray button-up and a cardigan, ideally.
- •Baggy jeans with a button flyALL OF MY CLOTHES WERE VERY LARGE.
- •My Dad's men's L sweatersSEE WHAT I MEAN? Some that he had more or less stopped wearing, some he still wore.
- •Black cotton Mary JanesRight, @ameliaville ?
- •Birkenstocks with wool socksThis was a new look in the early 90s.
- •Stan Smiths
- •Combat bootsThese exactly, from Army/Navy surplus.
- •Pea coatAgain, from Army/Navy surplus. This was the real deal—very heavy and thick. We had to bring it to the tailor to get it taken in because it was really wide in the shoulders. Even after that, it still wasn't flattering, but as you might have guessed by now that wasn't exactly my #1 concern.
- •Band/concert t-shirts
- •ScrunchiesSoooooo many scrunchies. So many buns.
- •ChokersSilver charms? Yes. Crystals? Yes.
- •Embroidered cotton bagsFrom the same shop where I would get the Mary Janes. I'd carry one till it got ratty and a hole wore away in the bottom. My mom called them "rag purses."