THINGS THAT TASTE LIKE MY CHILDHOOD 🍁🦃🍂📂
- •BraunschweigerOn white bread. I still love it (but on whole wheat now). Fight me.
- •Swiss cheese and butter sandwichesIdk. A lunchbox favorite in early elementary school.
- •Chop sueyMy mom took a "Chinese" cooking class at the community college when I was little and this one stuck. She made it in the pressure cooker. When I heard the distinctive sizzling sound of the release valve, I knew I was in for it. One of me very least favorites. I still can't deal with bean sprouts at all.
- •Maurice Lenell cookiesPinwheels and jelly stars.
- •50/50So tangy. Like Squirt but better.
- •Tombstone cheese pizzaA small one to split was always the special lunch I'd request when friends came over for the day.
- •Capri SunThe original fruit punch flavor. In my memory it's always kind of warm—packed for school lunch or a picnic.
- •Grape Bubblicious or Bubble YumAlways my flavor of choice. I remember losing a tooth while chewing some at a pool one summer.
- •Creamed spinach mixed with mashed potatoesMy grandma always served these sides together and I loved combining them. She did, too.
- •Sara Lee cheesecakeWe lived close to a Sara Lee outlet store and this (tied with pecan coffee cake) was my favorite. In high school I'd sometimes have a slice for breakfast on weekends. My mom would also buy their sheet cakes for my birthday parties and decorate them. Delicious.
- •Campbell's tomato soup made with milkWith American on white bread grilled cheese.
- •Kookaburra Girl Scout cookiesDon't exist anymore but I can taste them in my mind. Chocolate and caramel and crunchy wafer layers.