Yard Work Worst to Best
The yard work I loathe to those that are zen like.
- •Gardening in South Texas? Why did I move here? I didn't know I was moving to the Middle East!
- •Makes me angry: Cleaning up stray cat poo.They are not my damn cats. No animal control in my sub-division. I don't hate little animals, I just have enough poo to clean up after the registered animals I do own.
- •MowingMowing! God, I hate mowing. Next house fake grass for sure.
- •Weed wacking.You mean I have to edge without weeding? Torture! Impossible!
- •Cleaning up Dog poo.You would think that would be the worst but I am a Mom so the only thing that truly grosses me out are Ortho procedures on T.V.
- •Cutting back plant life.I know it must be done but a little part of me dies when I have to do this to a healthy bushes, trees, and roses.
- •Moving hard scaping.Huge rocks are heavy as hell and God only knows what is lurking under them.
- •The great battle of the nuclear fire ants.I get a serious satisfaction from killing these in a multitude of ways.
- •Cleaning up yard clippings. Roses are the worst!I try to use empty boxes for the rose clippings. I think the trash guys appreciate my consideration but my garage looks like I could be on Hoarders. With all the stray cats, the camera crew may show up any minute!
- •Laying down mulch. It looks clean in the end but those bags are heavy!Mulch is expensive too. You can pay a lot for wood no body else wants!
- •Cleaning up flower beds is satisfying unless you let it go so long you have to use a shovel.
- •Digging new flower beds! Hard work but new plants in the end!Except having to amend soil into what amounts to limestone clay.
- •Watering in South Texas. Stage 1-4 water restrictions. It is a pain to remember water days!Mine is on a Monday. A Monday! These people have no soul! I have to get up and water between 5a-8a. Then water 8p-10p. What? I have to get up at 5 then stay up till 10 on a Monday night? I work! No, I can't afford a sprinkler system. Sadists!
- •Watering with soaker hose. Great a leak...A leak! How did that get there? Now I have to lay down more soaker hose.
- •Watering with a soaker hose. Cheating stage 1-4 water restrictions. I can be a rebel!
- •Watering with sprinklers. Reminds me of being a kid. I just need the melty popcycle.Playing chicken with a sprinkler is weirdly satisfying.
- •The zen like experience of weeding. Music playing. Birds singing. A general sense of calm and well being during and after performing this task.The weeding high can last for at least 3 hours.
- •Dead heading. Weeding upright. Reference above.